Summary: With the overwhelming number of infrared heaters available, consumers can get really confused in deciding what heater to buy. In this article, we give some information on the best brands so you will know where to buy your infrared heaters.
Guide to Buying the Best Infrared Heaters
Infrared heaters are special types of heaters equipped with infrared heating technology adopted from the sun. They give heat through releasing infrared rays that heats the object that it encounters directly. This special type of heaters do not heat the air and getting warm is quick so they have been proven to reduce the energy bills paid during winter seasons. Infrared heaters operate using different energy sources, some feed on natural gas or propane for fuel and others need electricity. This is one thing to consider when buying infrared heaters. If you live in a place where electricity goes out regularly then natural gas infrared heaters would be ideal. Most infrared heaters operate quietly because they use reflectors instead of fans. They are cheap and are available in a range of styles.
Finding your Infrared Heater
Here is a list of popular manufacturers that sell infrared heaters. They offer different types of infrared heaters based on the specifications you need. Things to consider when buying infrared heaters are their features, most importantly their safety features. The infrared heaters they sell also vary in price, some come cheap but lack quality and some have the best quality but are quite expensive too. Read below to know more about them.
- Optimus offers various types of heaters including major types like quartz and ceramic heaters. The good thing with Optimus Infrared Heaters is that their models come with varying safety features. These include automatic shutdown switches, alarm lights that signal signs of overheating and cool casing to avoid the possibility of getting burns when accidentally touching the heater. Infrared heaters available from Optimus come in different operating wattages. Some models come with fans so you could expect it to be a little noisy but you have the option to turn the fan on and off.
- The most popular infrared heater from this manufacturer is the Optimus H-5210 Infrared Quartz Radiant Heater. Optimus H-5210 is a portable radiant heater that is ideal for use in small rooms for getting a quick warm. Like other models it can operate in different wattages. If you’re energy bill conscious, it has a 400-watt setting for low operation and 800-watt for high operation as well. This model offers ultra-quite operation so you could expect a peaceful, warm and comfortable sleep.
- EdenPure heaters have been proven to drop energy bills by up to 50%. Their models don’t have glowing lights which are usually red that might cause disturbance during sleep. They also don’t have exposed fans which are a good thing when you have kids playing around. EdenPure infrared heaters operate at about 1,500 watt that can heat around 150 – 200 square feet of space.
- Their most in-demand product is the Gen 3 Model 1000. It comes in a box-shaped feature that measures about 17 inches in height, 13 inches in width and 18 inches in depth. This heater can warm up an area of up to 1,000 square feet. It is equipped with a 60-day guarantee and a 3-year warranty. It has a remote control that lets you choose from 13 different temperature settings.
- Life Smart
- LifeSmart infrared heaters are also proven to save 50% on energy bills. The advantage of this manufacturer is that their infrared heaters come with a lifetime air filter which does not come with other brands.
- LifeSmart 1500 Infrared Heater – Oak Finish is one of LifeSmart’s best. This model is quite expensive, costing around $500 but the comfort you get is guaranteed. It utilizes infrared quartz heating elements for providing the warm and convenient feeling. LifeSmart 1500 Infrared Heater provides heat evenly from head to toe, and they are also easy to maintain and operate. This model comes in an oak-finished wood cabinet with wheels for easy transfer between rooms.
Dr Heater Infrared Heaters are equipped with advanced dual heating system that increases the heat transfer rate. Their heaters can warm up to 1,000 square feet of space.
Dr Heater’s bet is the Dr Heater Model + DR968. Features include a 12-hour automatic shutdown timer. It is an auto energy saving model that produces more heat compared to other infrared heaters. The Dr Heater Model + DR968 measures 16 inches in height, 13 inches in width and 14 inches in depth. It also comes with caster wheels for portability. This model operates at 1500 watts and comes with a remote control for easy adjustment of heat temperature.